Developing and implement healthy eating habits
To have a closer walk with God through reading and prayer.
Matthew 6:17 - But when you fast, comb your hair and wash your face. Then no one will notice that you are fasting, except your Father, who knows what you do in private. And your Father, who sees everything, will reward you.
Daniel Fast Requirements
Be sure to READ THE LABEL when purchasing packaged, canned or bottled foods. They should be sugar-free and chemical free. Keep in mind as you review the list of acceptable foods. Look for the list of ingredients on the label (not nutrional value) to make sure all the ingredients comply with the Daniel Fast Guidelines.
Foods included in fast
- All Fruits
- All Vegetables
- All Whole Grains
- All Nuts and Seeds
- All Legumes
- All Quality Oils
- Only Water
- Tofu, soy products, vinegar, seasoning, salt, herbs and spices
- Unsweetened plant-based milks and juices can be used in recipes or on cereal
Foods to Avoid
- All Meat (Includes fish, chicken and seafood)
- All Dairy Products
- All Sweeteners
- All Leavened Bread
- All refined and processed food products
- All deep fried foods
- All solid fats
- Beverages (coffee, teas, carbonated beverages, energy drings and alcohol)
No Eating after 7:00 p.m.
Walk up to 5 miles each day (10,000~12,000 steps)